Here are the ten things about the late Mzee Ojwang:
1. He was born in 1937 in Nyeri. He was named Benson Wanjau
2. He schooled at CMS primary school in Pumwani. His favourite subject was mathematics
3. He dropped out of school when he was in form two due to lack of fees
4. He has two children named Patricia Njeri and Michael Karira and was married to Augusta Wanjiru
5. Mama Kayai and Ojwang’s wife are good friends in real life
6. Ojwang worked at White Rose Dry Cleaners then joined Mater Hospital where he worked as a technician for four years.
7. He started his acting career in 1980 on Voice of Kenya for the then popular Darubuni programme. In 1985 the programme was discontinued.
8. Mzee Ojwang cannot communicate in Dholuo although he is popular for mimicking the Luo accent.
9. The name Ojwang’ was given to him by a good friend.
10. He died aged 78 at the Kenyatta National Hospital