Corruption is not only manifesting itself in the national government but seems to have a trickledown effect on county level.
It is common knowledge that corruption has been devolved where the highest ‘bidder’ calls the shots. Murang’a county boss has the unenviable title of leading the most corrupt county. He was arrested yesterday and whisked to the EACC for questioning.
According to the list of shame released by EACC, Mandera and Garissa asked for the highest bribe averaging at 80,000 to 52,000 respectively.
The same report showed that you had to part with a bribe of Ksh275,000 to win a tender and 115,933 to be employed.
Here is the list of the top 5 most corrupt counties contained in the EACC report:
1. Murang’a- Governor Mwangi Wa Iria
2. Embu-Governor Martin Nyaga Wambora
3. Bomet-Governor Isaac Ruto
4. Kisii-Governor James Ongwae
5. Wajir-Governor H.E Ahmed Abdullahi
Top most corrupt government ministries:
1. Ministry of Interior
Most corrupt government department
1. Kenya Police Service
2. Traffic department
3. Chief’s offices
Counties with the least amount of bribe:
1. Meru-Peter Gatirau Munya
2. Narok-Governor Samuel Kuntai Ole Tunai
3. Nandi-Governor Dr. Cleophas Lagat
4. Nairobi-Governor Evans Kidero