President Uhuru Kenyatta has been in talks with NASA leader Raila Odinga, Cherangany MP Joshua Kuttuny has stated.
The former Uhuru Kenyatta adviser made the revelation during a live interview on NTV jioni, raising more questions of Raila Odinga gameplan after the October 26 repeat presidential poll.
According to a report appearing on the Star, Raila’s elder brother reportedly met Aden Duale over the weekend to cool the political temperatures ahead Uhuru Kenyatta inauguration to be held today at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani.
Jubilee proposed the following positions if NASA agreed to play ball:
1) Raila’s lieutenants would receive at least two Cabinet posts and four slot for Principal Secretaries for the NASA leader;
2) NASA would be given influential parastatal jobs and diplomatic appointments;
3) Jubilee would use its majority in Parliament to unconditionally approve Oburu and Kalonzo Muyoka’s son Kennedy as members of the East African Legislative Assembly;
4) Jubilee would donate one of its own six EALA slots to Musalia Mudavadi’s ANC. The ANC and Ford Kenya are not entitled to any EALA seats because of their small representation in Parliament;
5) Uhuru himself will personally be involved in negotiations if Raila accepts.
Confirming the meeting, Oburu said:
“And he [Duale] was also trying to see if there is anything that I can talk to my brother [Raila] about. But I told him, that it’s better President Uhuru reaches out directly to Raila. Not through me”
The talks seem to have gone well as Raila’s 12 officers had been reinstated. Kalonzo Musyoka and Moses Wetang’ula security has been also restored.